The Japan Foundation Asia Center and Tokyo International Film Festival (TIFF) today unveiled the official poster and trailer for "Asian Three-Fold Mirror 2018: Journey" the second of the omnibus film series co-produced by the two organizations. The poster and trailer designs were created to evoke the title, signifying “Journey,” traveling beyond time and space. We also announced today that Lim Giong, an internationally acclaimed composer, created scores of the film. He is known for his work on films directed by Hou Hsiao-hsien and Jia Zhangke.
The omnibus film represents work by three directors, Degena Yun (China), Daishi Matsunaga (Japan) and Edwin (Indonesia), and highlights the theme “Journey,” with three episodes that depict the lives of characters who travel in Japan, Myanmar and China. The project framework requires the directors to include a character that is connected in some manner to another Asian country, and to shoot on location in an Asian country. The rest is left to each director’s unique style, as they weave the project’s main theme into their work.
↓Click to enlarge （PDF：2MB）
Asian Three-Fold Mirror 2018: Journey will have its world premiere on October 26 at the 31st edition of TIFF, to be held from October 25 to November 3, 2018, and will then be shown on the international film festival circuit.
Music: Lim Giong
Lim Giong is a musician, singer, songwriter, DJ and composer. During a nearly three-decade career, he has worked with artists in a variety of fields and participated in many international collaborations. He is currently focusing mainly on the creation of scores for films and documentaries.
【Selected Filmography (as composer)】
- "The Assassin" (2015, Dir. Hou Hsiao-hsien) 2015 Cannes Film Festival Cannes Soundtrack Award
- "24 City" (2008, Dir. Jia Zhangke)
- "Still Life" (2006, Dir. Jia Zhangke)
- "The World" (2004, Dir. Jia Zhangke)
- "Millennium Mambo" (2001, Dir. Hou Hsiao-hsien) 2001 Golden Horse Film Festival Best Original Film Song
- "Goodbye South, Goodbye" (1996, Dir. Hou Hsiao-hsien) 1996 Golden Horse Film Festival Best Original Film Song
About the film
"Asian Three-Fold Mirror 2018: Journey"
- "The Sea" Director: Degena Yun / Cast: Jin Chen, Zhe Gong
- "Hekishu" Director: Daishi Matsunaga / Cast: Hiroki Hasegawa, Nandar Myat Aung
- "Variable No. 3" Director: Edwin / Cast: Agni Pratistha, Oka Antara, Nicholas Saputra
A co-production by The Japan Foundation Asia Center and Tokyo International Film Festival
World Premiere: October 26 (Fri), 2018 at the 31st Tokyo International Film Festival
Theatrical Release: November 9 (Fri) to 15 (Thu), 2018 at three theaters in Japan（Shinjuku Piccadilly, Osaka Namba Parks Cinema, and Nagoya Midland Square Cinema）